A psychological evaluation is a process in which a variety of assessments and tests are used to understand an individual's current intellectual, emotional, behavioral, and personality functioning. Evaluations provide in depth information to establish more accurate clinical diagnoses as a way to facilitate more effective treatment planning.
The main goals of psychological evaluations include:
- Identification of intellectual and mental health difficulties that create barriers to positive change and progress toward self improvement
- Identification of individual strengths
- Recommendations that help guide the individual toward greater functioning at home, school, community, and within relationships
Lakeside Psychological Evaluations and Family Consulting, LLC provides comprehensive psychological evaluations for children and adolescents ages 6 to 17 years old. Evaluations include but are not limited to:
- Academic Difficulties
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Autism Spectrum and Developmental Disorders
- Bipolar and Depressive Disorders
- Conduct and Disruptive Behavior Disorders
- Intellectual Functioning
- Personality Functioning
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
*Please note that insurance is not accepted as payment for psychological evaluations. Please contact Dr. Gahr with inquires regarding the cost of this service.